The thought of taking kids on car journeys really freaks parents out. Everyone knows that children lose interest very quickly and who knows what kind of tearful drama you will end up dealing with in the car. Every five minutes your kids will repeat these sentences ‘are we there yet?’ or ‘I need to go to the bathroom’ and lots of other tantrums all of a sudden from nowhere.
Children very soon get tired sitting restlessly in the car. This is the exact reason why you need to know some tricks to entertain your kids. Here is how you can do that:
- Music: Before leaving for the road trip, remember to fill the CD player with your kid’s favorite songs and favorite nursery rhymes because that will be a great way to entertain them. You don’t have to feel awkward about the nursery rhymes because it will not be the first time a person is singing that in their car with their kids.
- Spotting things: We all love to play mind games where there is a lot of ‘eye’ required. So, why not change this a little bit? The age of your child will be a significant factor here because you can make them spot simple to complicated things.
- Audio books: If you and your kids love reading, then it will be best for you to have an audio book which they can keep on playing with during the journey. You can also convert your child’s favorite book into audio form on your own.
- Sound effects: sound effects during the field trip can really boost up the interest of your child. For example, when you reach a bridge, the clap sound would make a great fit.
- In-car entertainment: There are some parents that get tired of listening to their kids whine about everything. If you are one of them, then it will be best for you to have some sort of TV entertainment for a long journey. The end of the journey can become really frustrating hence why it is recommended to save the best for last.
- Travel packs: Have you ever thought of getting travel packs for your kids? You can geta cheap ‘stocking filler’ kind of toy with their favorite magazines, and any other drawing material. This will keep them busy. It is best toget small packs for each of your kid.
- Snack attack: If you fail the other ways to entertain your kids, then snacks never get old. Food always makes people happy and it will make your kids even happier.
Entertaining your kids surely is a daunting task but it is not impossible. This is going to require careful planning. You are supposed to list everything down that you want to do throughout the journey. Other than these tips, keep extra clothes because we all know that kids spill food and mess around all the time. Potential hassles with kids are always numerous but with these ways, you can ensure a smooth and calm journey.